I am now renowned for being able to enable others to transform their lives within two hours of having a conversation with me.
I understand that this is a bold statement to live up to; it's taken me years of training and studying human behaviour to get to this. I now have over two hundred individuals who are entrepreneurs, leaders and coaches who report having had such successful outcomes from working with me. What I've noticed in all the people I coach who become particularly successful is that they all have a sense of ‘passion’ in common or are at least passionate about finding out what their passion is. But what do you do if you can't find your passion? Maybe this is you?
The problem is, if you can't find your purpose or your passion, you’re ‘surviving’ the world; you end up doing all those things that you think you ‘should be’ doing just because everybody else is doing them. Such as (obviously) having a job and paying rent. The problem is, of course, that this just leaves people deeply unfulfilled and anyone who continues living like this is often left with a real sense of loss, not being fulfilled or feeling like they don’t belong in the world.
I know how this feels because at times I've felt this way and a lot of my clients who came to me experienced this in the beginning. So today I want to tell you how you can ignite yourself and find your purpose and passion. Here are five tips for how to do this:
1) Begin spending time with others who have already discovered their purpose and passion; a great place to go and do this is at business networking events. Or in London, there are plenty of free events that are attended by top leaders and speakers who sell their products from the stage. I've got to meet some of the most passionate and inspiring people I have ever met at such events. These people are powerfully in touch with their passions and living a life of purpose. Many have now become friends, business partners and people who constantly ignite my passion and purpose if ever things aren’t going to plan. I've seen people who began spending time at such events within a few years getting into all sorts of investment deals, all sorts of businesses and following their dreams and passions and finding a way of earning money from them.
2) If you are in a job or a career that's really weighing you down and you're just not feeling yourself any longer, then you are not going to find your purpose or passion whilst feeling this way, so I suggest you book yourself a holiday.
Whatever it takes, find a way of going away for at least three to four days and go somewhere where there's nature and somewhere where you can go for walks. Because when you're in such an environment you will be able to relax back into yourself, you're going to be able to see things you have never seen before and begin thinking creatively. From there new ideas will come to you and you will think of a way out of what no longer fulfils you.
3) Get a pen and paper and write down the five activities in your life that you enjoy doing the most. Whether that's reading, writing, jogging - whatever it is. Even yoga, fishing, sailing or travelling. Whatever they are, write those five activities down. Now spend a little bit of time reflecting on each of these activities and ask yourself, “If I could earn a living from doing this, would I do it?” I guarantee you that if you answered ‘yes’ to any of these that you’ll then have found your purpose and your passion. I found this exercise to be very effective for some of my clients. Next is to brainstorm obsessively about how you might earn a living from doing this and get into conversation with others to get some ideas about how you might do this.
4) Have a look on the Internet and search for inspiring activities. Find images of people doing things that are interesting and find out how or if they are earning money from carrying out these activities. Research how people are earning their money and I guarantee you will find things you’ve never seen before. There are so many ways of earning money now it's incredible. The answer will be to either primarily find a way of earning money in a way that then enables you spare time to enjoy regularly practising the activity that inspires you, or researching or inventing a way of earning money as a direct outcome of that activity that inspires you. If you want to find the answer enough, you’ll find a way.
5) This is your final option and is always a great option: go and find a coach or a mentor or somebody that can give you some complimentary one on one time. This is what I offer to anyone who meets my basic criteria and there are many other coaches out there who will do the same. So go find a coach or a mentor that will give you some of their time free of charge just to ignite your passion. In the process, if the coach you find is skilled, you will discover that the main thing that is stopping you finding your purpose and your passion is simply a state of fear and survival. You likely have a fear of ‘getting it wrong’ or ‘not being good enough’ or fear failing again.
This fear is causing your creative mind to shut down and is leaving you locked in a repetitive experience of being stuck.
The most effective way of breaking through this is by ‘taking action’ but you're not going to take action. The world still appears as frightening and threatening to you. So if within 7 days of reading this you’re still not knowing what your purpose and passion is, then schedule a session with a skilled coach or go on a course and do the deeper inner work.
If you have a friend or someone who's feeling down, is a bit lost or doesn't know what to do with themselves, or they're just out of a relationship then make their day by sharing this article with them.
Remember - always dare to dream the dream, dare to choose the dream, dare to live the dream.